About Alcatraz Media and ReserveXL
Alcatraz Media is the leading provider of destination travel products in North America.
Alcatraz Media was formed in 1999. The company began as an Internet company providing web hosting, email services, web design and development. The name “Alcatraz Media” was chosen because the founder’s home in Sausalito had a view of San Francisco Bay and Alcatraz. The name was memorable, came up high on alphabetical lists, and it was available as a corporate name (always a challenge in the huge state of California). When the company added a toll-free number, the phone began ringing off the hook. Much to our chagrin, the callers weren’t interested in Internet services; they wanted tickets to Alcatraz. It seems there were no companies named Alcatraz listed with directory assistance in San Francisco, so when people called for a number, the operators would say the only listing they had was for “Alcatraz Media.” Many would then call the toll-free number to reach our Internet business. After many hours telling people that we didn’t sell Alcatraz tickets and after many hundreds of dollars in toll-free telephone bills, the company seriously considered changing its name. The other option was to begin selling tickets and making reservations for callers to visit Alcatraz. The rest is history. “Alcatraz” is now the largest tour/activity broker in North America!
“Alcatraz” Media (and its affiliates) sell tours, tickets, activities, attractions, entertainment, transportation, hotels, and travel services. Alcatraz Media is the largest provider of destination travel products in North America. Alcatraz Media has provided over 12,000 different tours and activities from over 2,000 suppliers, chosen because of their professional reputation and excellent customer service standards. Our Business Development staff is continually adding new tours and activities.
Alcatraz Media offers tours and activities in every state with offerings in over 250 cities in North America and over 65 countries around the world. Alcatraz Media operates a large call center to serve its customers, and we have a network of over 2,000 web sites. Alcatraz Media serves hundreds of thousands of customers annually.
The Reserve XL e-Commerce system ensures that the reservations process is secure and user-friendly. Your customers’ tickets can be printed from any computer with an Internet connection anywhere in the world.
- What We Do: “Alcatraz” Media (and its affiliates) sell tours, tickets, activities, attractions, entertainment, transportation, hotels, and travel services. Alcatraz Media is the largest provider of destination travel products in North America. We have provided over 12,000 different tours and activities from over 2,000 suppliers. We promote tours and activities in every state with offerings in over 250 cities in North America and over 65 countries worldwide. We advertise extensively, operate a large call center to serve our customers, and we have a network of over 2,000 web sites. Alcatraz serves hundreds of thousands of customers annually.
- Address: Alcatraz Media, 8200 Roberts Drive, Suite 205, Atlanta, GA 30350, Phone: 678-320-2200, Fax: 770-393-8610. Alcatraz Media has offices in other cities, but the Atlanta office is the main office, call center, and accounting office.
- Vice-President of Supplier & Business Development: Tony Windsor
- Senior Business Development Manager: Carolyn Ballard
- Webmaster: Lia Simcox
- Vice-President of Operations: Barbara Gray - 678-320-2232
- Accounting Manager: Janice Cullen - 678-320-2228
- Reservations Manager: Julia Brady - 678-320-2238
- Ticketing Manager: Sonya Chase - 678-320-2234
- Director of Sales: Sondra Shumaker - 866-475-1727
- Co-Director of Operations: Nikita DeJarnette - 678-320-2231
- Co-Director of Operations & Executive Assistant: Michelle Thornton - 678-320-2235
- CEO: Ryan Windsor
- Web Sites: There are over 2,000 web sites in the network that Alcatraz Media uses to promote its services. The corporate web site is www.alcatrazmedia.com. The San Francisco tour operation web site (our first and largest tour office and operation) is www.alcatraz.us. The www.UnitedStatesTours.us and www.Canada-Tours.net web sites show all the tours and activities that are offered in North America. Alcatraz Media has approximately 100 tour type web sites, such as www.Train-Tours.us, www.Helicopter-Tours.us, and www.DinnerCruises.us.
- Email: Our general email address is info@Reserve123.com. You may reach any of our staff members by emailing (firstname)@Reserve123.com.
- Call Center: Alcatraz operates a large call center in Atlanta. All customer inquiries are handled by our trained Customer Service Agents in Atlanta. Reservations, order processing, confirmations, and technical support are also handled in Atlanta.
- Accounting: Our accounting office is in our Atlanta location. The primary contact for Accounting is Janice Cullen – email@example.com, 678-320-2228, Fax: 770-393-8610.
- Our Suppliers: We work with an extremely diverse group of suppliers – from one-person operations offering just one or two tours/activities – to large multi-location corporations with many employees, offering dozens of tours/activities. We have purchces over 12,000 tours and activities from over 2,000 suppliers (and we add new tours/activities and suppliers regularly). The tours and activities that we provide include tours in a variety of vehicles, cruises, outdoor activities, shows, theme park tickets, limo rentals and bus charters, hotel rooms, and much more. We sell everything from tours of Alcatraz Island and cruises around the Statue of Liberty to scuba diving in the Florida Keys to snowmobiling in Canada to submarine tours in Hawaii to helicopter tours of the Grand Canyon to tickets to Universal Studios to more than 100 different musical shows in Branson, Missouri. We provide all types of things for people to do while on vacation or enjoying their leisure time. We try to offer a variety of tours and activities in each market.
- Our Marketing: We very effectively utilize our network of over 2,000 web sites to market tours and activities. We utilize our web sites to attract the attention of people when they are searching for what’s important to them! We use print advertising in travel and visitor publications, and we use rack cards in some markets. With a database of more than a million previous customers, we make very effective use of email promotion. Affiliate marketing is becoming a major part of our marketing efforts as travel agents and tour operators look to us for one-stop shopping for all types of tours and activities, and we pay them a commission for bringing the business to us.
- Our Customers: We serve hunderds of thousands of customers annually. We promote worldwide. For the last five years, our efforts have focused on vacations and leisure activities in North America. We offer tours and activities in almost every US state and Canadian provinces. While our services have been provided in North America, a small but important and growing percentage of our customers are international. Our customers are as diverse as the world’s population, but they are all similar in wanting convenience. Customers can contact us or make reservations with us 24 hours a day, every day of the year, either online or by telephone. We provide simple one-stop shopping for their vacation and leisure needs. Customers can plan and purchase all of their vacation needs from us.
- Our Operating Procedures: We take orders by phone and online. We collect from the customer in full at the time they make their reservation. We immediately process the orders. When reservations are confirmed, we provide a link on our web site so the customer can print their E-Ticket from any computer with an Internet connection anywhere in the world. We also send the customer an email. The E-Ticket contains complete details about the tour/activity and their booking. The customer prints the E-Ticket (voucher) and presents it when they take their tour/activity.
- Customer Service: We strive to offer excellent customer service. Our customer service begins with our web sites. We endeavor to provide the answers to most questions customers ask in the descriptions that we provide for each tour and activity. Every page on our web site has two links that enable customers to email us with their questions and needs, and our toll-free telephone numbers are shown several times on each page. Reservations Agents are available by phone from 8 am to midnight, almost every day of the year (only slightly restricted hours on major holidays). We have a large staff of well-trained Reservations Agents. We utilize Reserve XL, the outstanding reservations system that Alcatraz Media developed, and each and every dealing with our customers is logged into our system – phone calls, emails, faxes, and letters. Customers automatically receive a receipt email the second they place their order. Once confirmed, the customer’s E-Ticket is automatically posted online and emailed to them. We send a follow-up email a few days before the tour/activity to make sure the customer has their E-Ticket (or knows how to retrieve it online), and we once again communicate the important information that they will need. Each customer is given toll-free numbers to reach our Reservations Agents as well as local numbers for the tour/activity operations staff.